I have narrowed down the products to be redesigned to 3, Goldfish crackers, Jif peanut butter, and Tastykake pies.
Below is a list of ideas/questions I have for each product.
- Incorporate sustainable ideas; reduce waste with packaging
- New look – feel fresh
- Focus more on “Made with real cheese”
- Include facts on being a healthy alternative snack – if gluten free, fat free, etc.
- Keep using current mascot “Finn”
- Possibly use a pond theme; fish shape; fish snack tin can shape
- Change container shape to triangle; shape of cheese wedge
- Create new logo for Pepperidge Farm and Goldfish
- Possible new color scheme
- Change logo to be more modern to stand out on the shelve; grab more attention
- Create more sustainable packaging
- Make “Creamy” and “Peanut Butter” more prominent
- Incorporate iconic 3 Jif colors into design
- Possible include a peanut in the design
- Different shaped container?
- Continue to use the variation of colors for flavors/type
- Possibly change the shape of pies to be round or pie slice triangle
- Remove clear plastic that reveals pie; does not look appetizing
- Show a delicious image of the pie or ingredients to convey that it is fresh
- Redesign logo to be more modern, homey to seem like a home made baked good
- Shape box in square/rectangle to look like oven; pie is in an aluminum recyclable try – mimic pulling a fresh pie out of the oven
Also, I have created a Pinterest board to serve as a mood board/inspiration for this project. Check it out below.
Follow Juss’s board Packaging on Pinterest.