Project #2 Letterpress – Week 9

I finished the 2D ‘blue prints’. I’m hoping this will work. Check out the layout below.

sizing

Also, this past week I picked up the plexi glass for the base and top and began building and printing parts for my press.

Originally I was going to use Maya to create the 3D models. However, I found the software to be very difficult to use.  Eric had suggested an alternate program called 123D Design. Its so easy to use. I was able to set up several parts this week to print. I was successfully able to print the chase, the handle, lower track, and the wheels. See below.

I’m working on the upper tracks, hinge, and some of the printing blocks.

Save


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s