Project #2 Letterpress – Week 10

I realized that my original size for the base was a little small, so I have the plexi cut a little bigger. I also picked up a Dremel this weekend to use to build this thing. I LOVE IT!!!! Should have bought 1 earlier in life.

Over the past week, I was able to get most of the rest of the parts printed.

img_0928

This past weekend I was able to start assembling the press. I attached the chase, the handle and the hinge. I had to tighten the hinge by inserting rubber washers in the open spaces so the top would not wiggle as much. Unfortunately, I also found out that the angle leading to the upper track is too abrupt. The wheels will not go up it so I have to re-work that and print a new 1.

I was also able to experiment with printing blocks. I think it came out great! I can’t wait to print with it.

IMG_0942.JPG

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s